Hour of Love 2020WE'RE EXCITED TO SHARE...
Hour of Love is back, and it has huge, life-saving potential written all over it! On May 1 & 2, HEA's tail-wagging, thunderous-purring, love-filled fundraiser returns. We’re looking for individuals, groups, and families of all sizes to participate (virtually). We're asking for just an hour of your time, but because the event is virtual, you can give as much or as little time as you'd like! Your heart is sure to go pitter-patter when you offer to help during this high-impact event!
>> Sign up to participateHOW IT WORKS:
We had originally planned to have participants sign up for hour-long, in-person shifts to give endless love to the dogs and cats in our care. Things are coming together differently than we had planned, but we're confident you're going to love the new approach - Hour of Love is going virtual!
The ways you can participate just became limitless. We'll be offering several fun options for participants to engage. Plus, we're beyond excited to see what creative ways our supporters dream up to show off their love for dogs and cats in need!
We'll provide a participant toolkit and a very easy-to-use online fundraising platform, and you'll be all set to do what you do best:
- Send texts and emails
- Make cute posts to your favorite social media outlets
- Place a few phone calls
- Jump on a group video chat
A very simple ask for support from the pet lovers in your life will make all the difference in the world to hundreds of companion animals. The ask will be made easy thanks to a very generous gift. Dick & Sharon Resch will be matching the first $30,000 raised, dollar-for-dollar.MORE AWESOMENESS:
- Hour of Love is an event you can participate in while practicing social distancing!
- With the event being virtual, you get to push "go" at whatever time is most convenient for you (and as many times as you'd like) on May 1st and/or May 2nd.
- May is National Pet Month - what a great way to kick it off!
- We'll have unique ways for you to get some "face time" with the animals we're caring for.
- In addition to raising money, your efforts will connect cats and dogs to their future forever families!
- Plain and simple - your participation will change lives!
>> Sign up to participate
>> Spread the word – tell your friends, family, and co-workers
>> Plan a gift for May 1 & 2
AS A PARTICIPANT
You'll receive a toolkit built to maximize your fundraising success. Your toolkit will include:
- Information about HEA's vision, mission, and work.
- Examples and ideas of what to say when you're asking others to help!
- Plenty of pictures and stories about the dogs and cats at HEA.
You can choose to participate virtually (using social media and/or other video platforms), or you can do your work offline. As May approaches, we will let you know about additional ways to participate. Finally, and most importantly, you'll have access to (virtual) love from your four-legged friends, and you'll have all the positive feels that come with changing lives.WHY AN HOUR MATTERS
In the world of companion animal welfare, the value of an hour is significant. The time you share could literally be the difference between life and death for animals awaiting HEA’s help. SHARE AN HOUR. SAVE A LIFE.
WANT TO HELP, BUT...
You're not on social media? You're not super tech savvy? That's okay - we understand! We believe you can still help! Would any of these ideas work?
Questions about this event, or planning to host your own "quarantine" event at home? Email us
- Talk to your friends and neighbors (from at least 6 feet away!) - encourage them to participate!
- Grab the phone and dial up the pet lovers in your life - one phone call goes a long way!
- For example, if each of our unique donors from last year's Hour of Love called even just one friend and asked them to donate $10, we'd raise an additional $5,000 for the animals at HEA. That $5,000 would then become $10,000 thanks to the generosity of our matching-funds donor.
- Donate to our campaign on event day. Any amount helps, and every dollar raised will go further thanks to the $30,000 in matching funds from Dick & Sharon Resch.
- If you know someone who would find joy in participating, send them our way!
. Our team is here to help make Hour of Love extra special for all the dogs, cats, and virtual guests. And if you're planning something fun at home, we want to know about it!
>> Sign up to participate